I’m just after finishing my bottle of Soap and Glory Glad Hair Day Intensive Conditioner for Full, Frizzy or Fried Hair, and I have to say I’m not bowled over by it.
It doesn’t smell good, it has a slightly vinegary smell – I made a grave mistake in not smelling it before buying it because I’m obsessed with smells. The Boots and Soap and Glory websites claim it smells good, but it really doesn’t, at all. It just feels cheap and at nearly €7 I expected more.
I still finished the whole bottle, but I won’t be repurchasing. It seemed to linger in my hair even after rinsing it well, and gave it a kind of sticky-but-dry feeling, actually leading to more frizz, which it’s supposed to prevent. In fact, frizz isn’t even a problem I usually have to deal with! My hair sure is full and fried, but not so frizzy :)
It made no attributable difference to the softness of my hair. There was nothing terribly wrong with it, but it just didn’t feel any different from your average supermarket conditioner, and it smelled nasty.
The packaging, of course, was incredible, but the product was only okay, at a push. One out of five stars.
Has anybody else tried this conditioner? Do you agree with me that it’s crap? Or do you swear by it? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- Empties #1 (breemwah.wordpress.com)
- Conditioners and Deep Treats! (coilssobeautiful.wordpress.com)
- Soap and Glory, Peaches and Clean- a review (londonbluebird.wordpress.com)
- July / August 2013 Empties (aperfectmasquerade.wordpress.com)
- My Soap and Glory Obsession – Best and Worst (daniellethomsonx.wordpress.com)
- Soap & Glory Travel Stash (carrietravel.wordpress.com)